Acceptable Use Policy
Soundslice provides a platform for learning music and sharing one's learnings. This document outlines our goals and what we consider acceptable (and unacceptable) use. We've tried to keep it readable; feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
The main goal of Soundslice is to help you learn to play specific pieces of music. It's primarily for educational use, and we hope our tools make you become a better musician.
Beyond that, Soundslice is rather open-ended, in that it allows arbitrary annotation of sound and video. We expect users will discover and invent many wonderful, unexpected ways to use it. Those are encouraged, as long as they're consistent with this policy.
You agree not to post content that:
- violates, or encourages any conduct that violates laws or regulations;
- seeks to harm or exploit children by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable details or otherwise;
- contains any information or content we deem to be hateful, violent, harmful, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, defamatory, infringing, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, harassing, humiliating to other people (publicly or otherwise), libelous, threatening, profane, or otherwise objectionable;
- infringes any third party’s Intellectual Property Rights, privacy rights, publicity rights, or other personal or proprietary rights;
- contains any information or content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships; or
- is fraudulent, false, misleading, or deceptive.
You agree not to engage in any of the following prohibited activities:
- Use, display, mirror or frame the Service, any individual element within the Service, the Soundslice name, trademark, logo or other proprietary information, or the layout and design of any page, without our express written consent;
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Service, our computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of our providers;
- Attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any Soundslice system or network or breach any security or authentication measures;
- Avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by Soundslice or any of our providers or any other third party (including another user) to protect the Services or Soundslice Content;
- Attempt to access or search or scrape or download content from Soundslice, or otherwise use Soundslice through any engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism (including automated scripts, spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools or the like) other than the software and/or search agents provided by Soundslice or other generally available third party Web browsers;
- Send any unsolicited or unauthorized spam and spam comments;
- Use Soundslice for any commercial purpose or the benefit of any third party, except as otherwise explicitly permitted for you by Soundslice or in any manner not permitted by the Terms;
- Collect or store any personally identifiable information from the Services from other users of the Services without their express permission;
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- Violate any applicable law or regulation; or
- Encourage or enable any other individual to do any of the activities prohibited in this Acceptable Use Policy.
Soundslice reserves the right, but is not obligated, to remove any User Content for any reason or for no reason, including User Content that Soundslice believes violates this Acceptable Use Policy or its Terms of Service. Soundslice may also permanently or temporarily terminate or suspend a User account without notice and liability for any reason, including if, in Soundslice’s sole determination, a User violates any provision of this Acceptable Use Policy, our Terms of Service, or for no reason.