As always, we’re improving Soundslice daily. Here’s the latest news...
We’ve added three new ways of customizing the Soundslice player when it’s embedded in your web site. Here are the new options:
force_top_video=1forces videos to always be displayed above notation, regardless of your embed’s width. (By default, Soundslice will only display videos above notation for small embed widths.)
top_controls=1places the main controls (the horizontal bar with the play button, etc.) above the notation instead of at the bottom. If a video is visible and it’s displayed above notation, then the controls will be between the video and the notation.
show_title=0hides the score title. This results in a shorter control bar (a vertical savings of about 30 pixels), leaving more room for your notation.
These are all “URL parameters,” which are explained in our player API documentation.
Another small but helpful thing: for those of you who enter video URLs for recordings, it’s now possible for you to change the video URLs after you’ve created them. Just click the pencil icon next to any video recording in the Score manager.
Beyond that, we’ve made dozens of improvements to our MusicXML importer (too many to list!), along with dozens of improvements to our notation rendering, including:
- Added support for black noteheads with no stems, as is used in some instructional material.
- Improved dynamics to be rendered above staves if a stave has lyrics.
- Improved notation rendering in case of more than two voices sharing a single staff.
- Improved notation to use shorter stem lengths when a stem is off-staff.
- Improved positioning of rests in case of multiple voices.
Stay tuned for more love and affection from the Soundslice team.