Here’s something a bunch of you have been requesting for ages. We’ve launched a Mixer view on Soundslice.
This lets you tweak settings of all a score’s tracks/parts in one place. For each track, you can:
- Show/hide standard notation.
- Show/hide tablature (full tab vs. stemmed tab vs. nothing).
- Show/hide chords (chord diagrams vs. just names vs. nothing).
- Show/hide lyrics.
- Fine-tune a track’s volume (for our synth audio player).
- Solo a track’s audio (for the synth player).
- Mute a track’s audio (for the synth player).
All of this — except soloing and muting — was already possible by clicking track names to the left of notation, but that was a cumbersome process for people who want to make lots of changes at once. The Mixer makes it much faster and easier!
Here are some specific use-cases for the Mixer:
- Quickly hide the notation for every part except the one you’re practicing.
- Quickly mute or solo an audio track you’re practicing (if you’re using our synth player, as opposed to an actual audio/video recording).
The Mixer is available now on every Soundslice score. You’ll find it in the “Visualizations” menu — the menu that also contains the Keyboard, Fretboard and Waveform buttons.
If you don’t have a multitrack Soundslice score handy, play around with the Mixer in these examples:
If you embed Soundslice in your own site and want to disable the Mixer, use the new
enable_mixer=0 URL parameter, documented here.