Here’s a roundup of some small improvements we’ve made recently.
General improvements to our site:
- Videos can now go down to 25 percent speed, instead of 50. Hooray!
- As you browse the timeline of slices from people you follow, if you press play on one of the slices, we’ll now stop playback for any other slices that are playing on the page.
- Our violin fingerboard visualization can now be active for tracks whose notation is hidden.
- Tenuto markings are positioned better in our notation. They’re now rendered within staff lines if appropriate.
Improvements to our notation editor:
- When you drag to select notes, we used to display a box with a dashed border. We’ve removed this, as it was unnecessary and kind of ugly.
- When you drag to select notes, you’ll no longer occasionally run into a weird bug where multiple things are selected despite you not selecting them.
- When you’re adding notes on a staff line that has a currently active accidental, we’ll now assume you want to continue that accidental. Previously a newly added note would always use a natural if the key signature didn’t affect the note.
- Slices can end in double barlines. We’ll now detect that when importing MusicXML, and we’ve improved our notation editor to allow this. (Previously we disallowed it for no good reason.)