Customizing playback in the Soundslice embed
Here are the URL parameters that control audio/video playback in the Soundslice embed.
- Tells Soundslice not to auto-load the default recording. Without this, the default recording’s audio will be loaded immediately at page load.
- Specifies the initial recording to use, e.g.
recording_idx=1. By default, Soundslice uses the last recording in the slice’s recording list; this parameter lets you override that. Note this is is a zero-based integer index, where
0is the first recording (usually “Synthetic”),
1is the second recording (if available), and so on.
enable_synth=0to disable the “synthetic” playback that’s available by default. Behavior differs depending on whether your slice has a recording.
- If your slice has at least one recording: users will not see “Synthetic” in the list of available recordings. Hence, they won’t be able to select synth playback.
- If your slice has no recordings (i.e., only the synthetic player): the Play button will still work, the playhead will still move and the notes will still light up — but there will be no sound.
- Specifies the initial playback speed, where
100is normal speed,
50is half speed, etc. Any integer between
200is valid. Default is
100. Note that some browsers do not support the entire 25-200 range; in this case, Soundslice will automatically use the closest available speed.