Changing barline styles
Here’s how to change barline styles using the Soundslice editor.
Standard barline styles
By default, Soundslice styles barlines as follows:
- The very last barline in the slice will be a final barline — with a thin-plus-thick line.
- Every other barline in the slice will be a normal barline.
To change a bar so that it ends in a double barline, select any note or rest within the bar, then:
- Click the “Toggle double barline” icon in the editor sidebar’s “Bar” panel .
- Or: Search the editor for “Toggle double barline.”
Dashed barlines are sometimes used to subdivide a measure. If a measure is subdivided by dashed barlines, Soundslice doesn’t treat the subdivisions as separate bars when it comes to bar numbering.
To insert a dashed barline within a bar:
- Select the first note or rest that would appear after the dashed barline.
- Click the “Toggle dashed barline” icon in the editor sidebar’s “Bar” panel . Or: Search the editor for “Toggle dashed barline.”
To remove a dashed barline:
- Click the first note or rest just after the dashed barline.
- You should see the “Dashed barline” icon in the current notations panel. Click that icon to remove the dashed barline.
Repeats have their own help page.